Thursday 21 June 2012

...

I look deep into your eyes, searching for your soul but I know that all that lays behind the lenses of your eyes is a retina that leads to an optic nerve. So I put my hand on your chest and try to feel your heart, but your heart is just a piece of flesh beating away, pumping blood through your veins. So I take a step back and I look at you and I search for the person I love but I know you are just bone covered with meat covered with skin and suddenly I feel more lonely than I ever did before.

You're saying something, I can hear you but I can't quite comprehend what you're saying. I know what the words coming out of your mouth mean as described in a dictionary but I don't know what you mean because you aren't really there. You're shouting now, I know you are, but your voice is fading away into the background just like the whisper of the ceiling fan above my head. I look around and see where I stand and although this room looks familiar, it doesn't quite feel the same and I realize that you're still there and I'm fading away.

I'm going to a place where I feel nothing but I already feel nothing because I'm not where I think I am. It's all in my head, everything. I don't see the world, I see my perception of it. There is no way that I can truly feel anything I can only feel my perception of 'feeling.' I'm all alone.

Hold me tight and remind me to come back. Remind me that I lay in your arms. Kiss me so I can feel your lips on mine. Touch every corner of my body so that I feel your hands sliding over my skin. Hold me tight and tell me you are real and I haven't just made you up. Write me a poem and read it to me to show me that you think the way I think and feel the way I feel. Please, just feel me and make me feel.

3 comments:

  1. You wrote this for a person I know. It fits him. Perfectly. I am sure you wrote it for him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohemgee... yes, i did... how did you know? :P

      Delete
  2. Haha, dude this is SO him :p. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete